Louis Roederer Collection 242
Louis Roederer Collection 242 “We should not compare Brut Premier to Collection, they are different wines – brut premier is dead, collection is the future” -JBL
Marking the end of an Era with Louis Roederer, with the phasing out of the beloved Brut Premier. Louis Roederer will move from their annual house style in to a more vintage dependant multi vintage blend, the numbered releases will be called ‘Collection’ with this first release being ‘Collection 242’ based of the 2017 vintage
- Each Collection ‘blend’ has its own identity, with Collection 242 representing the 242nd blend since Louis Roederer’s foundation in 1776
- The blend will change with the base vintage, with Collection 242, 243 and 244 all a little more chardonnay dominant.
- 56% of Collection 242 is vintage 2017 made up of: 42% chardonnay; 36% pinot noir & 22% pinot meunier.
- For freshness & salinity: 34% RéservePerpétuelle–a 50:50 blend of chardonnay & pinot noir from V 12, 13, 14, 15, & 16, with zero malo-lactic fermentation, stored reductively in large stainless steel vats.
- For depth & complexity: 10% Reserve wines, single vineyard and single varietal young Cristal (chalky) vineyards, aged in large oak tuns –a mix of V 09, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16.
- The dosage is lower at 8 gms/Lt.