Laherte Frères Autrefois Extra Brut 2016
Laherte Frères Autrefois Extra Brut (Les Vignes d’ Autrefois)
The selected plots have been planted by our forefathers between 1947 and 1953. Since that time, many generations followed one another in order to preserve this patrimony and keep all the qualities of these old vine stocks (some have been planted on franc vine stock). All this contributes to give birth to this cuvée, a real tribute to our ancestors and to the grape variety Pinot Meunier
Assemblage : 100 % Pinot Meunier. However there are a few Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris.
• Terroir of Chavot :Les Rouges Maisons, Les Monts Bougies. Clay and silty soils, with a presence of flints and little stones. Chalky subsoils.
• Terroir of Mancy : Les Hautes Norgeailles. Clay soils with a little silt. stratum in surface. Chalky subsoil.
• Picked up by hand when fully ripen, traditional press
• Alcoholic fermentation in barrels.
• Malolactic fermentation not made.
• Ageing on fine lees.
Dosage : disgorgment by hand. 2 to 4 Gr /l.
Wine Spectator : 92 / 100