▪ It is a blend of 146 wines from 11 different years, the youngest of which is from 2013, while the oldest dates back to 2000.
▪ Its final composition is 43% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 22% Meunier.
▪ A stay of around seven years in Krug’s cellars gives Krug Grande Cuvée 169ème Édition its distinct expression and elegance
THE STORY OF ITS CREATION:
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée 169ème Édition was composed around the harvest of 2013, a year that beautifully expressed the unique characters of some of the House’s iconic plots.
▪ The season began with a seemingly endless winter followed by a rainy and cool spring. Luckily, summer was hot and sunny, although also marked by hailstorms, which took their toll in the vineyards. The wines of the year were generous, expressive and full of flavours.
▪ To create this Édition, the Cellar Master looked to accentuate the year’s fullness and beautiful aromatic elegance with different plots’ wines from almost every year of the first decade of the millennium.
▪ In all, reserve wines from the House’s extensive library made up 40% of the final blend, bringing the breadth and roundness so essential to each Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée.
▪ A light golden colour and fine, vivacious bubbles, holding a promise of pleasure.
▪ Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread.
▪ Grilled notes and flavours of almond paste, quince, lemon, limoncello and dried fruit.
*Note : Current Stock is Not Gift boxed stock
Recently Viewed Items
You may also like
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Don’t miss a drop…
Get the latest in Champagne culture sent straight to your inbox.